Friday, July 16, 2010

Losing my record book

I lost my record book two weeks ago. I didn't realise how important it is to me until I lose it. I had picked it up on Monday from the office as on the next day, I had to leave for MBI course. I tried to finish many chores which I had listed on my To Do list. When I returned to school on Friday, my record book was nowhere to be found on my table. I was very sure I had left it on my not-so-tidy table. Then, began the search. My place is in the Self-Access Centre so naturally, my friend and I searched there first. We searched every nook and corner. I then went to the Staff Room and the office but it was not there. I went back to the school again, searched three times before I called it quits. The whole weekend past by and I was sure someone was going to tell me they had found my record book. I had put up a notice on the noticeboard. Come Monday, everyone had heard and sympathised, promising to keep a lookout for me. Friends related their own stories of how they had lost theirs and found it again, telling me to think carefully. I spent the next few days searching for it everywhere, even in the shoe rack of the office, before I summoned enough courage to tell my boss about it. I told him I would hand in the lesson plans in a folder in the meantime. He was understanding and told me not to worry too much.

The next few days flew by because we were preparing for Hari Anugerah. Before I knew it, it was Thursday night, the night where I usually finish up my record book. I painstakingly backtracked for a month, still in denial about the whereabouts of my 'beloved'. Yes, by now, I really missed it. There are my students' marks, my life the past few months, with all the important dates and events. How was I ever to fill those things should I want to start another record book. My friend even offered to type two months for me....

On Friday, I was all ready with my folder, and some lesson plans to be handed in. I had spent the whole Thursday night, writing and printing everything. I told my friend to take down the notice, giving up totally on ever finding it. I went about finishing my duties for Hari Anugerah, typing all the certs and prizes. At about 11.30am, I received a call from my clerk. She had found my record book in a little cupboard where she keeps all the extra forms and things not needed. Someone had seen the record book which I had wrongly posted as 2009. So, he or she must have thought it was an old record book of mine. And it had sat there for the past two weeks.

1 comment:

  1. There's the difference between people, while some tend to think that's an old record book, some didn't wanted to go a step further by trying to look into anything, and i mean anything and everything that had anything to do with it. Nonetheless, glad you've found your "beloved"ha.
    God bless

    ReplyDelete